- Current Position 11
- 5 Votes | 2 Comments
Thai Fried Noodles
- 2 tablespoons soya bean oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic crushed chopped
- 4 peeled raw prawns
- 40 grams tofu
- 1 large egg, 1/2 cup of water or soup stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 100 grams rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons ground roasted peanuts
- 30 grams bean sprouts
- 2 sweet spring onions
- 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1. To make the sauce, combine the fish sauce, sugar, tamarind paste and water in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside
- 2. Put the oil in a wok, add the garlic and fry on medium heat until it becomes fragant. Add the prawn and stir fry until prawns change color, add the tofu and fry for about 20 seconds.
- 3. Crack the egg straight into the wok. Stir well. When the eggs are set and almost dry, push the contents up one side of the wok.
- 4. Add the sauce followed by the noodles and keep stirring until the noodles have absorbed the sauce.
- 5. When the noodles become soft add the peanuts and the bean sprouts and mix everything together. Lastly put the sweet spring onion. Cook for another 20 seconds.