- Current Position 8
- 3 Votes | 4 Comments
Thai Spring Rolls
Po Piah Todd
Thai Spring Roll Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of soya bean oil
- 4-6 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
- 20 grams of diced carrot
- 30 grams of diced cabbage
- 30 grams of mushroom diced
- 30 grams of tofu diced
- 1/2 a cup of glass noodles, soaked for 10 minutes in cool water, drained and sliced
- 1 cup of bean sprouts sliced
- 2 tablespoons of grounded coriander
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 6 spring roll wrappers
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 a cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of tamarind paste or rice vinegar
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of sun dried chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of roasted ground peanuts
Peanut Sauce Preperation
- 1. Bring the water, sugar and salt to boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 2. Add the tamarind paste, sun dried chili powder and stir for 5 minutes.
- 3. Let the sauce cool and add the peanuts.
Spring Rolls Preperation
- 1. heat the oil in a wok and add the garlic.
- 2. One after the other add the ingredients in order of weight, carrot, cabbage, mushroom, tofu, coriander, soya sauce, sugar salt and pepper and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- 3. Add the bean sprouts and glass noodles and stir fry for a half a further minute.
- 4. Lay a spring roll wrapper on a cutting board and place 2 tablespoons of the filling on the lower half. Fold the bottom half fist and the left and right sides over the first fold. Roll tightly and seal with the egg.
- 5. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the rolls and fry until completely golden.
- 6. Serve with the peanut sauce.